O my Lord, grant me guidance that I may be grateful for Your favour which You have bestowed upon me and my parents and that I may do such good works as would please You and admit me out of Your Mercy among Your those bondmen who deserve Your proximity.

The Express Tribune » Multimedia » Slideshows

Business Recorder - Pakistan

Pakistan News » Top Stories

IBN Top Headlines

Geo Sport - Geo TV Network

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Bus launches powered by hydrogen fuel cells in Brazil

SAO PAULO – Sao Paulo state officials have launched what they say is Latin America's first passenger bus with an electric engine powered by hydrogen fuel cells.

Gov. Jose Serra says the bus will start test runs on the streets of South America's biggest city in August and will be joined by three similarly powered vehicles next year.

In a fuel cell, hydrogen reacts with oxygen to produce electricity and water.

"Brazil is one of five countries in the world that have mastered this technology and that has developed a hydrogen-powered bus," Serra said at Wednesday's launching ceremony. Among the others are the U.S. and China.

The state government has not provided information regarding investment or future production plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment